At Bioionix, we are an industry leader in the electrochemical field for food safety and
water disinfection. While this entails maintaining the food safety of products such as
cheese, meat, and seafood, it also depends on the maintenance and service of Bioionix
As a Field Service Technician II, you will be responsible for customer relations and
service of the disinfection equipment. This includes customer relations, product
installation, standard maintenance service, electrical/mechanical troubleshooting, and/or
assisting in product improvements. Technician(s) must be hardworking and resourceful
to support Bioionix customers in the field and from the office.
As Bioionix continues to grow, we are glad to support our customers both domestically
and internationally. For this reason, it is important that technician(s) be comfortable with
supporting customers remotely and traveling on-site as necessary.
• M-F (x8hr), or M-T (9hr)+F (4hr) Flex manufacturing workplace
• Travel expectations: 50% Average
• Improve and maintain customer relations.
• Installation of equipment into customer facilities
• Travel to customer sites to preform scheduled maintenance or service visits.
• Assembly of systems and products
• Conduct on-site training sessions.
• Maintain service records for new and existing customers.
• Provide remote, or on-site support to customers as necessary.
• Support manufacturing tasks when working locally.
• Perform quality control tasks with new equipment.
• Knowledge of modifying/troubleshooting PLC Software e.g. RsLogix, Siemens,
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment.
• A technical college degree, or comparable experience, in electronics, or industrial
• Experience and/or background of automation equipment and software.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with customers to maintain the
good image and reputation of the company.
• Competence using manual and portable electric power tools.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics.
• The ability to lift 75 lbs., climb a ladder.
• An entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to learn new tasks.
• Attention to detail, pride of workmanship, and maturity in dealing with
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain it are a must.
• Advanced knowledge modifying/troubleshooting PLC software e.g. RsLogix,
• Knowledge of connecting to remote equipment via VPN.
• Experience building and wiring industrial control panels.
• Experience in the food and/or beverage processing industry.
• 401k with available match percentage
• Travel time and expense reimbursements
• Full Healthcare including dental and vision; best in industry PTO plans