Bioionix is seeking an experienced Applications Engineer for our growing water oxidation and disinfection products company in McFarland, WI. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual that is a front-line customer-focused representative skilled at working with multiple levels of professionals to deliver outstanding services.
- Provide technical sales support to assist the Sales Representatives with direct customer technical presentations, preparation of project specifications and project schedules.
- Engineer and design complete Bioionix solution concepts to estimate budgetary or final quotations, including process flow, process description, feasibility check, risk analysis, capacity calculation and pre-calculation.
- Consult with other in-house engineers, Supply Chain, vendors, or other individuals to determine project cost and timeline estimates.
- Provide information using standard proposal text.
- Visit customers to support sales colleagues when needed.
- Prepare written and oral project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, with recommend actions as necessary.
- Maintain project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, coordinating activities, and resolving problems, with updates to the CRM database for assigned projects including budget prices, submittal date and proposal status.
- Schedule and oversee field installations with contractor and customer interaction, and direct testing to confirm product performance.
- Read electrical schematics to build and troubleshoot electrical panels.
- Perform basic PLC and HMI programming and setup.
- Program and troubleshoot automation equipment including VFDs, pumps, controllers, flow meters, and other equipment.
- Conduct on-site customer training sessions, and maintain customer relationships after installation.
- Create and maintain an application and solution database.
- Support training of new colleagues.
- This position may require travel up to 25% of the time to install and commission the company's products.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial) with minimum three years engineering experience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting skills, including software support.
- Knowledge of machinery, hydraulic, electrical or other systems and their components.
- Understand hygienic food processing technology. Food, Dairy, Beverage, or waste water industry process engineering experience desirable.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools, precision measurement tools, and electrical test equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb a ladder, and work within safety guidelines in industrial facilities and on job sites.
- A valid driver’s license is needed. Documentation of insurance on any personal vehicle that could be used on company business is required.
- Software skills to include Microsoft Office Products, AutoCad, SolidWorks, RSLogix5000
Nice to Have
- Specialized knowledge in corrosion, electrochemistry, chemistry, disinfection, water, sanitary design, corrosion resistant metals, or bacteriology is a plus.
- Health and dental coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays