With over 70% of the Earth’s surface covered in seawater, it’s no wonder why there are as many industries using seawater as there are. This usage will certainly go up in the years to come and we need to do our best to preserve it. Some of the largest users involve ballast water, well boats, fish farming and fracking water.
Within these aquaculture industries the most readily available resource can be a problem as seawater commonly contains many species that are not desired for the use of your application. Ship ballast tanks are the largest contributor to invasive species around the world while bacteria found in fracking water degrades the product making it less valuable to the supplier.
Fish farmers have to protect their product from destruction of HAB (Harmful Algae Blooms) and also continue harvesting on a routine basis in order to be successful. Product has to make it from the ocean-based cages to the processing plants in large transportation well boats where the fish are kept alive.
BIOIONIX has developed seawater liquid treatment systems that can take on these enormous flow rates while still being able to discharge the effluent directly back into the sea. No expensive filtration equipment is needed to support our operation and with our refined designs we promote easy integration into your process.
Eliminate your downtime and product losses by safely treating your seawater. With BIOSAIF24/7 real-time data monitoring, our automated control system provides the documentation you need and the confidence you want.
- The BIOIONIX system is 99% efficient at protecting processing facilities by eliminating harmful bacteria, algae, and pathogens in incoming water.
- Any dumped or disposed water in most applications can be treated for safe disposal.
- Reduce/eliminate fish smell from spoilage organisms.
- On many fish, mollusk and seaweed applications, the BIOINIOX solution is a non-chemical way to disinfect and safely promote health and growth.
- BIOIONIX works well in any aquaculture nursery application for easy natural, chemical-free, and organic disinfection.
- BIOIONIX is the only method to sustainably disinfect and protect our seawaters.